UDP for NTP redirecting by policy?

Use this forum to post questions relating to WinGate, feature requests, technical or configuration problems

Moderator: Qbik Staff

UDP for NTP redirecting by policy?

Postby ChadRA » Jul 09 19 8:39 am

Hi,
I've been struggling with this for a bit now and haven't found a nice way to do this, where I have some IP cameras on my network which do not have any option to change the NTP server used for automatically requesting time updates. The cameras use a time server based in Japan which no longer seems to respond to them, and they are VERY persistent when requesting updates.
I currently have a policy in place attached to the "Wingate NAT: Client Connect" event which does some group checking and for these devices ONLY allows activity for port 123 (yes, I've always had a "tin-foil" hat, but was glad I did back when all those "IoT exploits" started).
There seem to be some types of policies which allow the result to be redirected, but for this "Wingate NAT: Client Connect" the only options seem to be "Allow" or disconnect. What I would like to be able to do is redirect these requests to a different NTP server, but so far the only way I have been successful in doing this was to redirect ALL UDP port 123 access using the Extended Networking "Port Security" redirect, which redirects ALL traffic.

Is there a way to do this redirect based on additional criteria, in this case the group?

I have also tried setting up a "UDP Mapping Service" for NTP, but it looks like these devices do requests using alternate ports which bypass the service??
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (20.58 KiB) Viewed 34 times

Thanks,
Chad.
ChadRA

Return to WinGate