Qbik Wingate Engine to 100% at Windows 2000 server

Use this forum to post questions relating to WinGate, feature requests, technical or configuration problems

Moderator: Qbik Staff

Qbik Wingate Engine to 100% at Windows 2000 server

Postby Martin Verkerk » Oct 06 03 12:46 am

We have a Windows 2000 server (with one networkcard) with Wingate 4.5.3 and Interquick installed. The several NT 4.0, 2000 professional and one XP home client don´t give a problem at all but when we logs on the network with the one XP professional notebook we have the problem that the Qbik Wingate Engine goes to 100% at the server. This occures when it´s drivemapping the shared folders of the server. Also from outsite with this machine with a vpn connection. This machine doesn´t use the proxy at all. It uses the normal gateway. I´ve tried several things like: uninstall and reinstall Wingate and Interquick; don´t use logging anymore; using banning list for the user or ipadress for the www or Interquick service; not using DNS-WINS-resolver (but than no client worked).
When I look at the activities of Wingate when the problem occures I see several times something like:
IQ -options - \\servernames\\ and then the problems starts.
I have this problem for almost a year now and I haven´t found a solution yet! Also the solutions of Deerfield didn´t work and now they know that I´ve only one networkcard they won´t give me support anymore (it works fine with al the other machines). What can I do? Can I block ports with a personall firewall?

Kind regards,

Martin Verkerk
Martin Verkerk

Postby adrien » Oct 06 03 9:30 am

Do you need InterQuick on there?

We dropped that over a year ago now, we always had stability problems with it.

You could try upgrading to version 5. Sounds like 5.0.7 is still the best one to go for - we are working on our hosting at the moment, but we will post a link to 5.0.7 as well when we get that sorted out.

Adrien
adrien
Qbik Staff

Postby Martin Verkerk » Oct 07 03 8:32 pm

Hello,

What do you use now instead of using Interquick? I want to give some users full internet by proxy 8080 and some with controled internet with proxy 80.

Kind Regards,

Martin
Martin Verkerk

Postby adrien » Oct 07 03 10:35 pm

you can do this in WinGate. You can create additional WWW Proxies, on other ports.

Adrien
adrien
Qbik Staff

Postby Martin Verkerk » Oct 07 03 10:38 pm

Thanks for the quick answer!

Can you do the same in the new Wingate as you can in Interquick?

Kind Regards,

Martin
Martin Verkerk

Postby adrien » Oct 07 03 11:17 pm

not quite- Interquick had some features such as pre-fetching that WinGate WWW Proxy does not support.
adrien
Qbik Staff

Postby Martin Verkerk » Oct 07 03 11:40 pm

Thank you,

So it is possible to make a www service with port 80 with a rule that can block all websites except a specific list of sites that I can make myself?

Sorry for all my questions!

Kind Regards,

Martin Verkerk
Martin Verkerk

Postby adrien » Oct 07 03 11:48 pm

yes it is possible.

To do so, you would create a advanced rule, with a list of filters, each one having a site in it.. then if a site matches any of the filters, it will be allowed.
adrien
Qbik Staff

Postby Martin Verkerk » Oct 07 03 11:50 pm

Thanks a lot Adrien for your help!

Kind Regards,

Martin
Martin Verkerk

Return to WinGate