Wingate 4.1 - Logging Issues

Use this forum to post questions relating to WinGate, feature requests, technical or configuration problems

Moderator: Qbik Staff

Wingate 4.1 - Logging Issues

Postby stewbabynz » Oct 07 03 12:54 pm

Hi there,

We still have Wingate 4.1 installed (no compelling reason to change :^), on an ADSL connection.

We are using Wingate to proxy several SSL connections to our clients and have hit upon a bit of a snag.

There were a couple of failed attempts to retrieve data from a client yesterday which have not shown up in the logs at all. The abortive transfers were in excess of 1.4GB each, and only showed up when we were investigating with our ISP why our ADSL account was over the monthly limit (only 7 days into the month :^(.

Cross checking the SSL Proxy logs showed some transfers during the day, but nothing at all for the sessions in question.

Does anyone know of a Logging issue with WG 4.1 and large transfers? If so, has it been fixed in a later version?
Stewbaby!

Look Ma... no 'Net!
stewbabynz

Postby adrien » Oct 09 03 1:21 pm

Hi

Short answer - no I don't know of any logging issues with SSL tunneling through the WWW with large files - I would still at least expect you would get session creation and termination messages, if you have these turned on.

Adrien
adrien
Qbik Staff

Postby stewbabynz » Oct 09 03 1:49 pm

adrien wrote:Hi

Short answer - no I don't know of any logging issues with SSL tunneling through the WWW with large files - I would still at least expect you would get session creation and termination messages, if you have these turned on.

Adrien

Hi Adrien,

Yes, we have these turned on, which is why the question in the first place :^)

We know that there were several abortive attempts on the day in question, each of which got to within a hair's breadth of completing, then crashed out. None of these attempts show up in the logs, while the sessions after and before are all itemised in the logs correctly.

Thanx anyway...
Stewart
Stewbaby!

Look Ma... no 'Net!
stewbabynz

Return to WinGate