Wingate 5.08 install experience.

Use this forum to post questions relating to WinGate, feature requests, technical or configuration problems

Moderator: Qbik Staff

Wingate 5.08 install experience.

Postby Nev » Oct 07 03 2:11 pm

Hi all,

Tried 5.08 at end of day but had to revert to 5.07 immediately.

Install went smoothly, opted for No ENS or automatic update.

No reboot required.

First point, systray icon reports then that ENS is not enabled so I open GKeeper and find that most services are absent.

ENS was optioned off and server rebooted.

Still no services but for: POP3 & system > dialer, VPN, caching, sheduler ONLY!

One point I did glean prior to reverting to 5.07 was that the Visnetic A/v licence was Invalid/expired.

However the supplied sale key shows as follows:

13/11/2002 Special Comments: AntiVirus Key:=
xxxxxx-xxxxxx-xxxxxx-xxxxxx-xxxxxx
AV Subscription Expiration Date: January 12, 2004

This feature has been broken since May this year, however the update process still works normally with the key that is blanked out above!

If I had my time again whilst 5.08 was installed I should have tried to implement the key above to determine if it was acceptable, hopefully it would have been resolved with the new version [of Wingate].

Subequent to above I did re-install 5.08 yet again, optioned on ENS but still the same, stopped engine and imported yesterday's registry, still the same.

Gave up went to 5.07 for now on Win2k Pro, Sp4, 512mb/80gb, Cel 2.0ghz , on one way IHUG sat service, etc.

Hope this helps, thanks...

Nev.
Nev
WinGate Guru

Postby adrien » Oct 07 03 3:14 pm

That services absenteeism sounds like an incompatible version of GateKeeper to the engine... did you have an earlier 5.0.8 on there at any stage? It would normally warn on the GateKeeper version, but only if we increment a version number.

Either that or an invalid WinGate license perhaps?

Adrien
adrien
Qbik Staff

Postby Nev » Oct 07 03 3:29 pm

adrien wrote:That services absenteeism sounds like an incompatible version of GateKeeper to the engine... did you have an earlier 5.0.8 on there at any stage? It would normally warn on the GateKeeper version, but only if we increment a version number.

Either that or an invalid WinGate license perhaps?

Adrien

Hi Adrien,

Hadn't tried 5.08 ever before, maybe I should add/remove perhaps?

The licence is the same issue as the A/v subscription, it was reported by 5.08 to be OK along with the VPN!

So I am at a loss on this one.

Would be more than happy to send you the original key[s] to analyse.

Have sent keys to you FWIW!

Hope to get this sorted as customer renewals are due later this year and would hate this to happen at a work site!

Nev.
Last edited by Nev on Sep 30 06 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nev
WinGate Guru

Postby adrien » Oct 07 03 4:18 pm

OK, all those keys looked OK... can only imagine there is something in the registry that is stopping all the services from loading properly or something.... would you be able to export your WinGate registry and send it to me please?

Adrien
adrien
Qbik Staff

Return to WinGate