Wingate Client Problem

Use this forum to post questions relating to WinGate, feature requests, technical or configuration problems

Moderator: Qbik Staff

Wingate Client Problem

Postby wagio » Oct 07 03 10:03 pm

I'm trying to configure an unique configuration using two wingate servers.
The Configuration is:
______
| | ___________ __________ ______
| INTERNET |----| WGServer1 |----|WGServer2|----|Client |
| |
-----------
Both WGSERVER is installed with Wingate 5.0.7.

WGServer1 --> Using Extended Networking Feature (NAT)
WGServer2 --> Using Proxy Feature. Wingate Client software installed (WGServer2 is the client for WGServer1).
Client --> No wingate Client software Installed (just point the gateway to WGServer2.

When WGServer2 is trying to connect to Internet, the WGIC Login menu will appear to authenticate the WGServer2 to WGServer1.
At the same time, Client use Chat Software (MiRC).

To disconnect, WGServer2 close the WGIC icon (on the Right conner Side). But, The client still can browse and chat.

The result is the WGServer1 can't log the WRP Control Session for WGSERVER2.
Any solutions? Thank you.
wagio

Postby adrien » Oct 10 03 1:51 pm

wow!

I didn't think you could load the WGIC on the same machine as WinGate, in fact I am pretty sure that WinGate looks for it, and if it finds the client, it turns it off.

Can the Server2 not just NAT out through Server1?

Problem with trying to implement any sort of per-user access control on Server 1 for the clients of Server 2, is that WinGate's per-user access control is based on the client IP address, and by the time the clients have connected to server1 through Server2, they all have the same IP address - being the address of Server2.

Can you not create the access control settings you wish on Server 2?
adrien
Qbik Staff

Return to WinGate