WinGate Release Notes for 5.0.9 and all others

Use this forum to post questions relating to WinGate, feature requests, technical or configuration problems

Moderator: Qbik Staff

Do you want release notes available on the download page?

Yes
100%
No
No votes

Total votes : 12

WinGate Release Notes for 5.0.9 and all others

Postby mikeu » Oct 09 03 4:22 am

It would be real nice to have a link to the release notes available on the download page. I noticed 5.0.9 is available for download, and am wondering what's been changed.

...Mike...
mikeu

Postby olaf.krause » Oct 09 03 7:45 am

Version: 5.0.9 GM
Released: October 2003
----------------------

1. Fixed an 'Out of buffers' problem which could crop up in the driver after extended use.

2. Improved the way the DNS resolver handles available or unavailable DNS servers.

3. Fixed an issue whereby you could experience a system lock up if a TR'd ftp connection was unexpectedly terminated (present in some interim builds
of 5.0.8 only).

4. Improved AV licence handling, to reflect a third party's current status more accurately.

5. Improved Transparent Redirection so that it recovers better on loss or reconnection of media

6. Fixed handling of dial-in connections which would get created on the same subnet as an existing NIC.

7. Fixed the dreaded "ghost adapter" issue with dialup on XP.
olaf.krause
WinGate Master

Postby mikeu » Oct 09 03 8:10 am

Thanks for the information.

...Mike...
mikeu

Postby maxiu » Oct 09 03 8:58 am

Hi! There's a little 'bug' in 5.0.9 version,namely,after 'fresh' install of Wingate 5.0.9, in 'DNS Service properties' window, 'Policies' tab, there's no user definen by default, like in other services, so DNS doesn't work:) But when i put 'Everyone' there, everything is OK:) I noticed it both in WinXP and win98se.
See ya! Wingate rules!!
maxiu

Postby adrien » Oct 09 03 9:15 am

that's really odd! we didn't change anything in there... I will have a look... thanks for the feedback!

Adrien
adrien
Qbik Staff

Postby ChrisH » Oct 09 03 10:26 am

I was under the impression that the DHCP service was the only service configured for Everyone under policies in a clean install. All other services have blanket rights for Everyone that is covered by the System Policies.
Chris H.
ChrisH
WinGate Master

Postby adrien » Oct 09 03 11:27 am

Oh yeah you're right

we make a special case for DHCP because we may not get the client IP... but you do get the client IP with DNS, so default should be to simply use the default policies.

Adrien
adrien
Qbik Staff

Postby maxiu » Oct 09 03 1:54 pm

Chris,you're right,that System Policies have 'Everyone' on for services:) But in DNS options dialog, there was no user defined,so i had to 'tell':) Wingate about it,really!
maxiu

Postby ChrisH » Oct 10 03 12:11 pm

maxiu,

I don't know about 5.0.9 because I didn't install it, but DNS works for me in 5.0.10 in the default setting. Have you installed 5.0.10? Any difference?
Chris H.
ChrisH
WinGate Master

Postby adrien » Oct 10 03 1:40 pm

maxiu wrote:Chris,you're right,that System Policies have 'Everyone' on for services:) But in DNS options dialog, there was no user defined,so i had to 'tell':) Wingate about it,really!

Shouldnt' have had to unless you changed the "default policies ... " option in the DNS server to "will be ignored"?

Adrien
adrien
Qbik Staff

Postby Mickey » Oct 12 03 7:11 am

Version: 5.0.10 GM
Released: October 2004
----------------------

1. Fixed a problem created in 5.0.9 related to the fix for "ghost adapters" which inadvertently broke the outbound filter for dialup adapters.
this would have effectively broken VPN for dialup users.

2. Fixed a bluescreen related to UDP name lookup looping and ICMP errors.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There is a BUG in readme.txt file with date. We're still life in 2003 year nor 2004 :)
Mickey

Postby labull » Oct 12 03 9:41 am

Rules of Time and Space do not apply here!

5.0.11 will be released to fix the bug. :)
labull
WinGate Guru

Postby adrien » Oct 12 03 4:58 pm

dang! how did I miss that one!

All I can say is it was late!
adrien
Qbik Staff

Return to WinGate