Wingate upgrade from 3.0.4 to 5.0.7

Use this forum to post questions relating to WinGate, feature requests, technical or configuration problems

Moderator: Qbik Staff

Wingate upgrade from 3.0.4 to 5.0.7

Postby tthompson » Oct 09 03 4:09 pm

I am attempting to upgrade 2 servers from Wingate 3.0.4 to 5.0.7. Due to the services these servers host (Internet sharing, FTP server and VPN) I setup a test server on one of the networks to ensure everything on the production server worked correctly on the test machine. In then installed Wingate 5.0.7 over the existing version, and didn't install the VPN, turned off the mail server and did not secure wingate services.

The first test I tried after doing the upgrade, was to use a browser from a client via the Wingate machine. The client still has the proxy settings applicable to the previous version of Wingate. I could not get the client to connect to any web sites. It would say connecting to 192.168.1.4 (the test wingate machine) but then timeout.

The firewall is blocking my connections, and when I turn the firewall off, my clients can connect. Obviously I don't want to do this.

Any ideas what the problem is likely to be. I haven't tested FTP, VPN or email as yet!!

Trevor
tthompson

Postby adrien » Oct 10 03 1:46 pm

Are you using Internet sharing as well as WinGate ENS? This will cause problems...

Otherwise I am not quite sure how you are set up there.
adrien
Qbik Staff

Postby tthompson » Oct 10 03 1:54 pm

We are not using internet sharing. Wingate is installed on NT server and Wingate provides internet sharing.

Everything worked fine until I did the upgrade, and after the upgrade, internet sharing using Wingate only works when the firewall is disabled...
tthompson

Return to WinGate