Lost interface bindings

Use this forum to post questions relating to WinGate, feature requests, technical or configuration problems

Moderator: Qbik Staff

Lost interface bindings

Postby alejandroc » Oct 12 03 10:35 am

I'm running 5.07 on an Athlon XP 2000+ PC with a Biostar MB with an integrated NIC, running XP Pro and sharing an ISDN connection. Wingate works fine, but everytime we perform a reboot on the wingate server, the binding to the internal NIC is lost in all services. A message appears in gatekeeper stating that the interface is invalid and thus removed. We close gatekeeper and restart the wingate engine and then the interface appears on the 'available' field. So we have to set the interface manually on every service in gatekeeper. Sometimes, we let the computer sit for a while after it reboots but before logging on to it, and SOMETIMES the bindings to the interface are not lost. Is there anything I can do to stop losing the bindings to the internal NIC?
alejandroc

Re:

Postby aridlaw » Oct 12 03 12:20 pm

Hi
I have to got same problem with Asus Motherboard.
Some mainboard have a problem with bios system, and it auto reset by default of manufacture, will be disable your NIC through Bios, or get IRQ conflict . That why your NIC appear then hiden without notice.
May be you need a new NIC insteal built-in mainboard NIC
aridlaw

Postby adrien » Oct 12 03 4:55 pm

It may depend on the start order of some of your system services.

WinGate when it starts checks what interfaces are available.

If the NIC has not been initialised yet, then WinGate will think the interface is gone, and remove the bindings.

However, when it finds new ones, it should re-bind them.

You could try setting WinGate to manually start in your services config, and then you can make sure WinGate always starts after everything is available.

Adrien
adrien
Qbik Staff

Postby alejandroc » Oct 21 03 6:21 am

Sorry it took so long to reply.

Thanks a lot for your comments. I've set the qbik wingate service to start manually, and then created a shortcut to the "Wingate.exe -start" command in the "Startup" section of Win XP and I didn't get the problem after restarting anymore. Further testing will reassure this method works. I'll keep you posted.

Thanks again.

Alejandro Calderon
alejandroc

Postby alejandroc » Oct 21 03 9:17 am

alright, it seems that fixed it. Thanks alot.
alejandroc

Return to WinGate