Prisoner.iana.org

Use this forum to post questions relating to WinGate, feature requests, technical or configuration problems

Moderator: Qbik Staff

Prisoner.iana.org

Postby runtime34 » Oct 14 03 8:10 am

FYI - Since updating to 5.0.7, my client PC's are seeing a NAT entry of TCP - 192.175.48.1:53. This points to prisoner.iana.org, which I see is not scanning ports nor any other hack, but having to do with some kind of DNS issue? We are running ENS with Wingate supplying DNS and DHCP services.

This update is also giving me the ENS memory allocation error in System Messages. Is there any other remedy than regedit and adding the Buffer Threshold entry?

Thank You...
runtime34

re:

Postby aridlaw » Oct 14 03 12:34 pm

Name: prisoner.iana.org
IP Address: 192.175.48.1
Network: ROOTSERV

may be ENS driver get a problem in load, and DNS root server down at that time, so you get nothing.

Try it later
aridlaw

Postby adrien » Oct 14 03 1:22 pm

I believe prisoner.iana.org is the root server for private addresses, so possibly you have a DNS server on your lan somewhere doing fully recursive lookups for private IP addresses, as would be the case if you were looking up the names of machines connecting.

This would happen if you had 2 DNS servers say, and WinGate was using one, and then the other was NATting back out through WinGate.

Adrien
adrien
Qbik Staff

Postby runtime34 » Oct 16 03 7:11 am

Thanks to both replies. I have one DNS server service running. Could it be that it is processing both interfaces? Local PC's accessing server + PC's accessing the web?
runtime34

Return to WinGate