ENS and Cascading Proxies

Use this forum to post questions relating to WinGate, feature requests, technical or configuration problems

Moderator: Qbik Staff

ENS and Cascading Proxies

Postby amirali_esh » Oct 14 03 11:03 pm

Hi all,

I'm new to WinGate and currently am evaluating it. I am using a satellite connection at my office. To use this satellite connection I have to set proxy addresses of my satellite ISP in my browser. I was able to configure WinGate to forward request to this proxy server however it only work when my clients sets IP address of WinGate server in their browsers and it is not working with ENS (data is received via dialup in ENS). Is it possible to solve this problem?

Thnx
amirali_esh

Re: ENS and Cascading Proxies

Postby tim » Oct 15 03 11:20 am

amirali_esh wrote: I'm new to WinGate and currently am evaluating it. I am using a satellite connection at my office. To use this satellite connection I have to set proxy addresses of my satellite ISP in my browser. I was able to configure WinGate to forward request to this proxy server however it only work when my clients sets IP address of WinGate server in their browsers and it is not working with ENS (data is received via dialup in ENS). Is it possible to solve this problem?
Thnx

Hi,
What version of WinGate are you running?

WinGate can cascade to upstream proxies. Look in WWW Proxy Server properties, Connection tab, and select to connect through Cascaded Proxy server, and enter your ISP's details.

With ENS, you should not need any to make and client configuration changes, as long as they use WinGate as the default Gateway.

Thanks

Tim
tim

Postby amirali_esh » Oct 15 03 8:41 pm

Hi,
I am using version 5.0.6. I already have configured my upstream proxy in WinGate and it is working perfectly when my clients configure their browsers to use WinGate proxy but whenever they configure their browsers to use direct connection with GateWay and DNS of their machine set to WinGate machine then data is received thru dialup not satellite and that means requests are not being forwarded to the upstream server.
amirali_esh

Return to WinGate