Wingate & Netmeeting

Use this forum to post questions relating to WinGate, feature requests, technical or configuration problems

Moderator: Qbik Staff

Wingate & Netmeeting

Postby woithe » Oct 15 03 12:28 pm

Hi!

I tried to use Netmeeting (on a client) with Wingate 5.0.10 (on my server).
The ports for Netmeeting (389, 522, 1024-65535) are allowed, but not forwarded to the client.

When I try to establish a connection to a pc in the internet, the connection works, the other pc can see my video, but i can't see the video of the peer.

How can I get Netmeeting / Wingate to receive the video?

Thanks for your help!
woithe

Postby neil » Oct 16 03 12:44 pm

Is Netmeeting running on the Wingate machine, or on a client machine behing Wingate?! If behind Wingate, you'll need to create ENS level re-directs rather than just 'allowing' the connections through the firewall. This is done by creating a Port Security action in the ENS properties, specifying all the ports that Netmeeting will make a connection on, as well as adding the IP of the machine that is running behind Wingate that is hosting a Netmeeting, where these connections should be re-directed to.

Regards,

Neil
neil
Qbik Staff

Only 1 way for VideoConferencing

Postby VreebieS » Oct 18 03 10:01 am

I got the same problem when using WG as Client. The other machine that I'm connecting to, is also a client of wingate (in different LAN via the Internet).

Both WG Server opened the required ports for NetMeeting already (as Instructed from Microsoft KB Website). But no matter what, only 1 Video can be sent (either from my PC, or the other client, whoever initiate to send the video first).

Does WinGate only allow 1 way for VideoConference?

-vZ

My Camera: 3Com HomeConnect.
Other client's : Logitech QuickCam express.
VreebieS

Return to WinGate