wgl license file not working on new install

Use this forum to post questions relating to WinGate, feature requests, technical or configuration problems

Moderator: Qbik Staff

wgl license file not working on new install

Postby icpete » Oct 15 03 8:13 pm

I had to reformat my hard drive and reinstall Wingate. I d/l'd the latest version, 5.0.10. Before, I was using 5.0.7 I believe. I had used a .wgl file to automatically load the license info on that version, which was an upgrade from 4.x. But now, when I double-click on that same .wgl file and it attempts to install the license key, I get an error message saying "license handler not found" or some similar wording. How can I get the original license to work with this latest version?

Regards,
Peter
icpete

Postby erwin » Oct 16 03 3:38 pm

Hi Peter

We havent heard of this particular issue happening with 5.0.10 but we will attempt to repro it here in the lab.

Just a question

What was the structure of your .wgl file?
Was it just WinGate or did it have licenses for any other WinGate plug-ins
such as Antivirus or GateFilter?.

If you could let us know that will help us to narrow the problem

Regards
Erwin
erwin
Qbik Staff

wgl license not working

Postby icpete » Oct 17 03 2:11 am

Hi Erwin:

The wgl license also included the Antivirus option. Not sure but that option was probably a timed-out free trial, as I never paid for Antivirus. The Wingate license is 5-user home style (well, 5 or 6, I forget; but definitely not Pro version).

I'm at work right now and don't have access to said wgl file. If you need it, I can send it from home later this evening.

Oh, BTW, the wgl might have been an upgrade license from 4.x, as I was using 4.x for quite a while before upgrading to 5.0.7. Could this be the problem? I.e., would I have to first install Wingate 4.x, then apply the upgrade???

Regards,
Peter
icpete

Postby labull » Oct 17 03 2:17 am

Peter,

Can you open the .wgl file with NotePad and copy/paste the license info into Gatekeeper?

Larry
labull
WinGate Guru

Postby erwin » Oct 17 03 8:53 am

Hi Peter,

That would be great if you could post it to me.

Cheers
erwin
Qbik Staff

Return to WinGate