Strange entries in System.log

Use this forum to post questions relating to WinGate, feature requests, technical or configuration problems

Moderator: Qbik Staff

Strange entries in System.log

Postby msegal » Oct 16 03 9:33 am

Hi again,
I upgraded from 5.07 to 5.10 yesterday and noticed that the System.log file is being filled entirely with entries as follow:

10/15/03 14:23:29 QovT/NFz+hgHCAG9AQAAAAYACuYaINgAC/3YQ8EAAEUAADCWiUAAbwaTKkKL0/zRc/oYBwgBvdoBLskAAAAAcAJAAE97AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA=
10/15/03 14:24:00 0XNCy9Fz+hgAAAAAAQAAAAEACuYaINgAC/3YQ8EIAEUAAFx1hAAAbQH4UdFzQsvRc/oYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIAHviqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqo=

Previously this file was recording firewall messages. Has something been changed or am I having a problem? The other log files are recording as usual.
msegal

Postby labull » Oct 16 03 1:48 pm

The unintelligable info in the System log is there to allow storage of blocked packet info.

Adrien explained that in a post here in the WinGate Beta forum under the topic "5.0.8".

Larry
labull
WinGate Guru

Postby midnightbomber » Oct 16 03 4:43 pm

I also noticed the strange system log info. If this is entered into the log for a specific purpose, where then is the rest of the information which was being recorded to the log in earlier versions?
midnightbomber

Return to WinGate