Wingate 5.10 Firewall Conflict with ADSL

Use this forum to post questions relating to WinGate, feature requests, technical or configuration problems

Moderator: Qbik Staff

Wingate 5.10 Firewall Conflict with ADSL

Postby waldo » Oct 17 03 4:22 am

I have set up Wingate 5.10 on a Xp pro PC(Server), The Server has 2 NIC's
1 for ADSL connection using IP in the range of 203.*.*.* (Dynamic) NIC set to obtain IP automatically

1 for LAN set as 10.0.0.15 for the Static Server IP
NIC manually set to IP and subnet 255.255.255.0

Everything works really well if I have the firewall disabled but once enabled the firewall detects a Port Range Problem and the ADSL connection is lost
Also the IP of NIC is renumbered or set to 0.0.0.0
Nothing will work until Firewall disabled again and ADSL connection restored.
Have tried setting Network Interfaces(Advanced Options) for the ADSL to Trusted but problem still occurs.
PLEASE HELP, very puzzled
Dave
David Waller
waldo

Postby neil » Oct 17 03 11:54 am

You say the Wingate firewall reports a Port Range problem. Could you copy and paste the whole line here please (you can right click in the firewall to copy it). Is it always the same port range that is effected.

And you say the ADSL connection is lost. Does this mean that the connection is active then you toggle on the firewall and it is dropped?! Can you manually re-establish the connection afterweards?! Also is it just the firewall being active, or the whole ENS being loaded that cause this problem?

Regards
Neil
neil
Qbik Staff

Postby waldo » Oct 17 03 10:06 pm

Neil Thanks
I fixed the problem using another ADSL modem and ISP.

The one I was having problems with was a D-Link DSL-300, the port was showing as N/A in the firewall.

Regards
Dave
David Waller
waldo

Return to WinGate