After Deerfield: Licensing & Renewal

Use this forum to post questions relating to WinGate, feature requests, technical or configuration problems

Moderator: Qbik Staff

After Deerfield: Licensing & Renewal

Postby brett » Oct 20 03 6:36 am

I purchased my original WinGate license from Deerfield. Now that the relationship with them has been terminated, what are the options for continued update and support from Qbik?

As I like the product, and I've gotten it working and stabile, what do I need to do to continue my support and updates? Shold I (must I) purchase a new license from Qbik? Does the Deerfield license remain in effect for the specified duration (1 year from date of purchase) but supported through Qbik?

As Qbik is splitting VPN from WinGate, how does this impact my existing WinGate PRO license? If I upgrade to the latest version (5.0.10), do I need to relicense WinGate and/or VPN seperately?

I think the costs are reasonable enough to repurchase the licenses if necessary, but being ever the miser, I do want to avoid overpaying if I can.

Thanx, Qbik, for giving me 5 years of great service and support...and not hating me when I got mad at the VPN!

Brett
Brett Brennan
homenode group inc.
brett.brennan@homenode.us
brett

Postby adrien » Oct 20 03 10:20 am

we honour all licenses that were sold through deerfield however if you are talking about the GateFilter and Visnetic AV plugins, that is slightly different.

We are bringing out our own AV solution, also based on Kaspersky's AV API, and we have permission to offer cross-grades from Visnetic AV at the same price as a renewal, so you shouldn't lose out there. We hope to be able to make the same offer with GateFilter, as we actually wrote the product we will be re-launching it as our own now that we have an agreement with iCognito who developed the scanning engine

As for the upgrades etc licenses etc, the licenses that you were issued for WinGate and WinGate VPN were actually generated by us, and will continue to work. Since you don't need to pay to upgrade to 5.0.10, nor even the next version we are putting out, then these licenses will continue to work.

Thanks for the feedback - we would rather have someone get mad at our product and tell us and give us the opportunity to do something about it hence benefitting from it than remain silent!

Adrien
adrien
Qbik Staff

Return to WinGate