Wingate Services dont serve reqs after WG Dialer reconnects

Use this forum to post questions relating to WinGate, feature requests, technical or configuration problems

Moderator: Qbik Staff

Wingate Services dont serve reqs after WG Dialer reconnects

Postby dataking » Oct 20 03 8:39 am

Greetings,

got another puzzle for you!......whenever Dial-Up connection is established manually using Windows Dialup wingate works fine, but when Wingate Dialer establishes the connection, none of the services respond!! HTTPO gives 404 errors and socks does not foreward any requests to the internet! the way to fix this is to disable wingate dialer, by not alowing wingate to reestablish connection when dropped, stop wingate service, and reconnect using windows dualup networking, restart wingate services! it gets rather irritating when noones watching the server!.....

my question : why is this happening and is there a fix for this???

system config : win2k SP4+all patches from windowsupate, 384MB ram, 2gig space free on OS drive, fresh install running wingate v5.0.10, upgraded from wingate 5.0.7.

ADDENDUM
oh and it should be noted that if the dialup connection is dropped, no matter where you dial from, be it wingate or windows dialup networking, wingate services dont serve any requests, until the connection is disconnected, wingate engine shut down, connection manually re establised, and wingate services restarted, it works like a charm then....
dataking

404 and server not found after reconnecting to Internet

Postby robwhitener » Oct 20 03 12:52 pm

I'm having the same problem with mine. Configuration:

AMD Athlon 2800+
512meg
WinXP Pro SP1 and all latest updates
Wingate 5.010 build 848, using ENS
Alcatel Speedtouch USB (the stingray),

Wingate is server for a 6 license network, running with all transparent redirects, no email server.

The DSL modem is set up as a dialup, using PPOE. Running Popup manager 1.01 and Norton AV 2004 Pro.

If I have to disconnect, and then reconnect, there is nothing getting through to web browsers or e-mail clients on the network.

Although I haven't shut down Gatekeeper and restarted it, I just cleared the prefetch file and restarted the machine. I figured it was this silly DSL modem burping.. If there's a fix or an explanation, lemme at it. :)
Regards

Robert whitener
robwhitener

Re: 404 and server not found after reconnecting to Internet

Postby Nev » Oct 20 03 6:33 pm

Hi,

Sounds like history database problem, try stopping the engine, delete HISTORY.DBF and HISTORY.CDX in the Wingate folder and report back, someone will take it further.

Nev.
Nev
WinGate Guru

Postby robwhitener » Oct 20 03 11:01 pm

I'll try it and let you know what happens... Thanks.
Regards

Robert whitener
robwhitener

Return to WinGate