Phantom adapters fixed in 5.10?

Use this forum to post questions relating to WinGate, feature requests, technical or configuration problems

Moderator: Qbik Staff

Phantom adapters fixed in 5.10?

Postby alejandroc » Oct 21 03 9:55 am

We are experiencing the symptoms of what I thought was the phantom adapter problem with xp dialup links. But I don't know if I got it right. Everytime the connection to the internet is reset, wingate automatically dials again, but internet browsing is impossible. We get the 404 error message in some clients and the DNS error on others. The only way to make it work is rebooting the wingate server. Is this due to the phantom adapter problem? If so, 5.10 didn't really solve it because I installed it and nothing changed. Is there anything else I could try to make wingate more stable?
alejandroc

Postby olaf.krause » Oct 21 03 6:27 pm

I saw the ghost gone in 5.0.9 but reintroduced in 5.0.10 because they had to remove the bugfix since problems with VPN connections.

regards

Olaf
olaf.krause
WinGate Master

i ahve the exact same problem!

Postby dataking » Oct 22 03 1:41 am

greetings!

i have the exact same problem! except instead of rebooting, now what i do is stop wingate eingine, disconnect dialup conne tion, manually reconnect using windows dialup networking, and thn restart wingate engine!...works like a breeze until the connetion is dropped again!...
saves a lot of time as compared with rebooting the server!
dataking

Postby adrien » Oct 22 03 2:53 am

We are re-workig on this one... we see it fixed on dialups in the test lab, but others see the problem still.

We think we tracked the problem down, it will be a matter of validating the fix... that particular fix that went into 5.0.9 was broken, and the effect was that we didn't hook any outbound packets on dialup interfaces, which meant the dialup worked, but nothing that relied on outbound hooking did, such as VPN.

Adrien
adrien
Qbik Staff

Postby alejandroc » Oct 22 03 3:24 am

Thanks everybody.

If its helpful, these are some details:
ISDN adapter (Intracom Netmod ISDN terminal via rs232)
WinXP pro sp1. All updates installed.
AMD Athlon XP 2800+, 512 MB RAM, Biostar MB (M7SUA)
All drivers updated.

If you need any more info, let me know.

See ya.
alejandroc

Return to WinGate