Cannot use web icq client through www proxy server

Use this forum to post questions relating to WinGate, feature requests, technical or configuration problems

Moderator: Qbik Staff

Cannot use web icq client through www proxy server

Postby jah » Oct 22 03 6:07 pm

I have Wingate proxy server. If i connect to ICQ from ICQ web site (go.icq.com). Everything is ok until it begins cheking ICQ#/password. At this step it says cannot connect to server. On server it is working properly. Internet Explorer and Java is installed. I've tried from all versions of windows and IE 4,5,6. Some thing wrong with wingate i think.
Any suggestions?
jah

Postby neil » Oct 23 03 10:50 am

What version of wingate are you using? Are you connecting directly to the Proxy or is your connection being TR's via NAT or the WGIC?!

Have just tried it here with 5.0.10 and it it connected to the icq server fine, and i was able to send messages.

It establishes the connection on port 443 (SSL) so you need to make sure you have this option ticked (allowed) in the WWW proxy service (under the HTTPS tab). By default this should be set to 'Allow any', but you could manually enter port 443 in there if you want.

DOes anything get reported in the WWW log file? DO you see anything hitting the firewall on this port?

Regards
Neil
neil
Qbik Staff

Hmmm...

Postby jah » Oct 28 03 1:31 am

What version of wingate are you using?

Wingate 5.0.10

Are you connecting directly to the Proxy or is your connection being TR's via NAT or the WGIC?!

I connect to Internet through WWW Proxy Server.(not NAT or WGIC)

By default this should be set to 'Allow any'

It is set

DOes anything get reported in the WWW log file? DO you see anything hitting the firewall on this port?

Nothing unusual!

Any other ideas???
jah

Return to WinGate