proxy setting

Use this forum to post questions relating to WinGate, feature requests, technical or configuration problems

Moderator: Qbik Staff

proxy setting

Postby rajaaa18 » Oct 22 03 10:27 pm

hi i am raj

my wingate 5.07 is workig perfect, the thing is i want to connect all my client, through wingate proxy ex:192.168.0.1 port : 80 its is also doing well but my problem is client can connect also my isp ex:proxy1.emirates.net.ae port 8080 i do not want the client connecting through proxy1.emirates.net.ae port 8080 the client only to use 192.168.0.1 port 80

pls advise me what to do?
thanks & regards

raj
Raj,

Extended Networking - Port Security - Lan Connections to Internet

Make sure Port 8080 is not listed as an allowed port.

Either set default to Deny for both TCP and UDP or add a Deny rule for port 8080.

Larry

i did all what u said its working ..... after i do all waht u said my msn messenger, yahoo messenger and out look express all r not working

what to do? pls let me know

thanks & regards

raj
rajaaa18

Postby erwin » Oct 23 03 9:31 am

Hi Raj

By the sounds of things you have set a ban across all connections from "LAN Pc's to the Internet" on TCP and UDP.

Msn and Yahoo Messenger use totally different ports to Outlook Express (ports 110,25). Which is why you may need to recheck in "Port Security" in the ENS to see what ports are blocked.

Check that when you set the ban on port 8080 previously did you make sure that in the configuration it was set to " from 8080 to 8080" in the ENS properties, rather then a setting to deny tcp/udp across all ports.

Regards

Erwin
erwin
Qbik Staff

Return to WinGate