Command Line use in Scheduler

Use this forum to post questions relating to WinGate, feature requests, technical or configuration problems

Moderator: Qbik Staff

Command Line use in Scheduler

Postby ChrisH » Sep 16 03 6:32 am

I have approached this topic in the Deerfield forum and got some good answers, but now I have more questions.

If I run say Xcopy from WG Scheduler using command line option, I see that test file has been copied by using Explorer. However, Xcopy has not exited- as seen in Task Manager and the only way that it can be terminated is using End Process in TM. Is there no ther way to end the command that was launched? Maybe I'm expecting more from this particular function than what was intended for it, but it does seem somewhat cumbersome to use, especially if one wants to launch a GUI based .exe.

TIA. BTW I just tried clicking SpellCheck button on this page and "no Page was found"
Chris H.
ChrisH
WinGate Master

Postby adrien » Sep 16 03 8:15 am

Xcopy is a command-line app that exits when it has processed its command line? Or is it waiting for a character input, like a carriage return or something?

Adrien
adrien
Qbik Staff

Postby ChrisH » Sep 16 03 9:36 am

XCOPY ,I believe, ends when it is finished processing command - at least it does when you run it from command prompt. It is running hidden when launched from WG scheduler and not in DOS window though. Everything runs hidden when launched from WG scheduler.
Chris H.
ChrisH
WinGate Master

Postby adrien » Sep 16 03 11:06 am

If you deselect the option to run hidden, does the process still hang around?

Adrien
adrien
Qbik Staff

Postby ChrisH » Sep 16 03 1:13 pm

Adrien,

I apologise, the XCOPY command I was running in WG scheduler was indeed waiting for something - me to put in the right path! All is well. Sorry.
Chris H.
ChrisH
WinGate Master

Postby adrien » Sep 16 03 1:23 pm

ok cool
adrien
Qbik Staff

Return to WinGate