Gatekeeper locking up

Use this forum to post questions relating to WinGate, feature requests, technical or configuration problems

Moderator: Qbik Staff

Gatekeeper locking up

Postby datdog » Oct 25 03 4:42 am

We are running Wingate version 4.0.1 and Gatekeeper is now locking up immediately after it is logged into. I'm not exactly sure when this problem started happening as we don't need to change Wingate settings that often. Recently, Service Pack 4 for Windows 2000 was installed along with all the other security updates. Also, we upgraded Norton Antivirus to the 2004 edition. Thank you for your help.
datdog

Postby adrien » Oct 25 03 7:30 am

it has been so long since I even looked at 4.0.1!

Do you realise that your 4.0.1 key should work in WinGate 5.x? Albeit without letting you use WinGate's built-in mail server.

I would recommend upgrading - you may wish to run the 4.0.1 uninstaller first however if you were using the ENS, since that system of drivers was replaced.

Version 5.0.7 seems to be more stable for some people. We are releasing a new version next week as well.

Adrien
adrien
Qbik Staff

Postby datdog » Oct 25 03 8:06 am

We never saw the need to upgrade since it has worked flawlessly. I will try installing version 5 to see if it fixes the problem. Thank you for the quick reply.
datdog

Return to WinGate