Wingate doesn't recognize Wireless LAN USB adapter

Use this forum to post questions relating to WinGate, feature requests, technical or configuration problems

Moderator: Qbik Staff

Wingate doesn't recognize Wireless LAN USB adapter

Postby SeaEagle1 » Oct 26 03 1:57 am

I've a Wireless LAN USB adaper, which I use to connect to my LAN, but somehow Wingate doesn't recognize it. Not when I manually stop/start Wingate nor at startup. It only does work, when I set my internet NIC to the WLAN-NIC IP address and swich it back to DHCP. Then Wingate suddenly sees 2 NICs, but when I restart one is gone again.
SeaEagle1

Re: Wingate doesn't recognize Wireless LAN USB adapter

Postby Nev » Oct 26 03 3:50 pm

SeaEagle1 wrote:I've a Wireless LAN USB adaper, which I use to connect to my LAN, but somehow Wingate doesn't recognize it. Not when I manually stop/start Wingate nor at startup. It only does work, when I set my internet NIC to the WLAN-NIC IP address and swich it back to DHCP. Then Wingate suddenly sees 2 NICs, but when I restart one is gone again.

Just out of interest what is the IP applied to the USB adaptor, 192.169.x? if a private address is applied does Wingate recognise it then? Report back and someone will take it further.

Nev.
Nev
WinGate Guru

Postby SeaEagle1 » Oct 27 03 1:21 am

Indeed its IP was 192.168.... After changing it to a private one, it recognized it!
SeaEagle1

Return to WinGate