Problem with AOL 8 piggybacking another AOL 8 Account

Use this forum to post questions relating to WinGate, feature requests, technical or configuration problems

Moderator: Qbik Staff

Problem with AOL 8 piggybacking another AOL 8 Account

Postby spikedjs37 » Oct 26 03 5:35 am

I have got a problem with Wingate that is frustrating. Here are the details of my set up.

Iam using Wingate 5.0.7 as 5.0.10 doesnt work for me. My server computer in on XP Pro and acesses internet via AOL 8 ( My AOL Account). Wingate NAT installed on server computer. I have Wireless Network using a Linksys access point.

Client Computers are Laptop/Notebooks with XP Home as the OS. No static IP address's set on them as I am using NAT on Wingate. I can File Share on the Laptop and Notebook and access the internet via Internet explorer.

Up to now, its all working fine.

Now, the problem I have is when I attempt to access the internet via my wife's AOL account, on her Notebook ( this is a totally seperate account to my account on the server computer ). I can either use standard TCP/IP or a Socks 5 connection but the result is the same. It connects through and checks password. It then starts to load the AOL 8 homepage and graphics and then AOL freezes. Whatever I do, I can not get it to load past that point. One interesting point. When I first configured the Notebook, AOL loaded perfectly, now it gets stuck.

If it is of any help, when I try to log onto AOL from the Notebook, once I have manually closed AOL, if I open Internet explorer, it does not connect to the internet. In addition, If I go to the server and then try to open up a web page, nothing happens. I end up having to close AOL and then open it again.

Sorry about this being long winded, but can anyone point me in the right direction as to what to adjust or look for. Your help would be gratefully appreciated.
spikedjs37

Return to WinGate