Problems playing online games through Wingate

Use this forum to post questions relating to WinGate, feature requests, technical or configuration problems

Moderator: Qbik Staff

Problems playing online games through Wingate

Postby DaMaul » Oct 27 03 6:30 am

I've been trying to setup wingate to let me play online games. I've got one pc acting as the wingate server, connected to the internet through an ADSL modem, and two PCs as clients connecting to the internet through this. I'm having no problems connecting to the web, or email or anything like that.

The game i'm trying to connect to is called Planetside ( www.planetside.com ). When the game is run, it tries to connect to a central server which automatically patches the game to the latest version. My problem is basically that the game cant connect to this patch server. I've tried fiddling with the wingate settings ( including turning the firewall off completely ) to no avail. If there are any wingate experts out there who have any idea what's going wrong I'd be very happy![/url]
DaMaul

Postby trinh78 » Oct 27 03 7:41 pm

Hi,

Did you use Internet through WWW Proxy Server? If yes, you can't play games online which uses java applet technologies. Try to use NAT.

Bye
trinh78

Return to WinGate