REPEATING EMAIL

Use this forum to post questions relating to WinGate, feature requests, technical or configuration problems

Moderator: Qbik Staff

REPEATING EMAIL

Postby Warren » Oct 27 03 10:36 am

26/10/03

Hi ALL,
For those of you who are or who have had problems like me, with that cursed email with Subject: Re: Bug in 5.0.10!!!, be aware that the NZ Qbik Distributor has been alerted to the problem. I don't know enough to, know where all of these mails are being generated from and I sure don't want to point a finger at our friends at Qbik, or the poor individual who's name is mentioned in the message, but Qbik needs to know what is happening, so as to try and stop this message, if in fact they can.

I first picked the problem up at 9:00 am Sunday 26th here in Mexico and that was more or less 3:00 am Monday 27th in NZ. It gets more tricky. Today is a public holiday there; Labour Day. However I have done what I can to get someone aware of what is happening.

For those of you who can do it, I have setup the following filter on my email server and it seems to be working - after more than 300 copies.

Hope it works for those who try it. Good Luck. (and try to be patient)

Warren

Condition Enabled Filter Name BUG 5.0.10 From/Sender matches donald.neyt@be.fransmaas.com and Subject matches Re: Bug in 5.0.10!!! Message Priority is Normal Action Discard Email
Warren

Re: REPEATING EMAIL

Postby tim » Oct 28 03 3:07 pm

Warren wrote:26/10/03
For those of you who are or who have had problems like me, with that cursed email with Subject: Re: Bug in 5.0.10!!!, be aware that the NZ Qbik Distributor has been alerted to the problem. I don't know enough to, know where all of these mails are being generated from and I sure don't want to point a finger at our friends at Qbik, or the poor individual who's name is mentioned in the message, but Qbik needs to know what is happening, so as to try and stop this message, if in fact they can.

Yep, this has been dealt with. Sorry about what happened, the timing was unfortunate as we had a long weekend. But after deleting over 20,000 queued emails, I think we are good to go!

Tim
tim

Postby Warren » Oct 28 03 3:34 pm

Thanks Tim,

Good Work., Only one thing. Please don't go taking Looooooooooooong Weekends too often. As they say: "When the cat is away, the mice come out to play".

WATF
Last edited by Warren on Oct 28 03 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Warren

Postby labull » Oct 28 03 4:15 pm

When the cat's away, the mice will act like rats!
labull
WinGate Guru

Postby Warren » Oct 28 03 4:25 pm

Sorry Larry,

You are correct. Got my scale mixed up.

WATF
Warren

Return to WinGate