Wingate mail resending

Use this forum to post questions relating to WinGate, feature requests, technical or configuration problems

Moderator: Qbik Staff

Wingate mail resending

Postby Doog » Mar 08 08 12:26 pm

I use Wingate to collect my email from various sources and send to various sources. This is so that I can use my Outlook (2000) client to access my personal mail from bigpond.com and my work email from the corporate server.

The corporate server was upgraded last weekend (it got a new name but kept its ip address). I access this across the Internet through poprt 110 and 25 - standard as if it were an ISP. Since the server was upgraded, all the mail I have ever received and sent to the corporate server is being sent again - thousands of them. We have now turned off the port because it is simply sending mail and clogging everything up.

Wingate is configured to leave the mail on the server, i.e. download a copy - this allows me to access email while I am on the road through the webmail interface.

Can someone give me some indication of what the problem might be - as you can imagine I am less than popular.
Doog

Return to WinGate