can't change history settings from Remote Gatekeeper

Use this forum to post questions relating to WinGate, feature requests, technical or configuration problems

Moderator: Qbik Staff

can't change history settings from Remote Gatekeeper

Postby grtoro » Oct 30 03 3:50 am

When I try to change the history settings and I press OK, I get an Access Denied error. I am using version 5.0.7.

By the way, are the History Settings a source of problems (memory leaks/) as they were in earlier versions? I was trying to disable History (and many of the logging options) after I had two unexplained failures of the Wingate Server yesterday.

Thanks,

Gabriel
grtoro

Re: can't change history settings from Remote Gateakeeper

Postby tim » Oct 30 03 11:45 am

grtoro wrote:When I try to change the history settings and I press OK, I get an Access Denied error. I am using version 5.0.7.
By the way, are the History Settings a source of problems (memory leaks/) as they were in earlier versions? I was trying to disable History (and many of the logging options) after I had two unexplained failures of the Wingate Server yesterday.
Gabriel

Hi, History is only available with GateKeeper running from the WinGate machine. Were you connecting remotely? In which case this will be the issue.

If not, can you describe the sequence of changes you made to get this error? We will attempt to reproduce the problem here.

Tim
tim

Postby grtoro » Oct 30 03 12:34 pm

Tim,

Thanks for your response. I was working remotely (as indicated on the subject of my message, but not on the text).

Regarding my other question:

"By the way, are the History Settings a source of problems (memory leaks?) as they were in earlier versions? "

Does history logging cause problems such as unexplained crashes?

Thanks,

Gabriel
grtoro

Postby tim » Oct 30 03 12:56 pm

grtoro wrote:Tim,
Thanks for your response. I was working remotely (as indicated on the subject of my message, but not on the text).

"By the way, are the History Settings a source of problems (memory leaks?) as they were in earlier versions? "

Does history logging cause problems such as unexplained crashes?

We have has issues with the History, yes. While rare, some people experience problems are have to disable logging to improve the situation.

TIm
tim

Postby adrien » Nov 01 03 2:10 pm

One other thing - I have also seen the "access denied" message in this case, even if you can see the history.

One thing I did find however, is that the changes were actually applied, and so you can basically ignore this message.

Adrien
adrien
Qbik Staff

Return to WinGate