Any Update on phantom dialer problem?

Use this forum to post questions relating to WinGate, feature requests, technical or configuration problems

Moderator: Qbik Staff

Any Update on phantom dialer problem?

Postby gfisbeck » Oct 30 03 3:17 pm

Is there any update on the "phantom adapter" problem discussed in 5.0.7 - 5.0.10? The last update I saw was several weeks ago and this is currently keeping me from using the product at all.

Thanks-

Greg
gfisbeck

Postby neil » Oct 30 03 3:51 pm

Well, the new version that is about to come out has (another) fix in it for this phatom adapter / interface problem. This time we are (whisper it) quietly confident that we may have nailed it.

To cut a long story short, it seems that by allowing certain packets (Name Service) to be broadcast (from the local machine to external) XP wont create this phantom interface. A user control has also been added so that if you dont want to allow these packets to be braodcast you can stop them. (And even with this option to block the name service packets activated, we haven't experienced that phantom interface cropping here, which we used to).

Regards

Neil
neil
Qbik Staff

Postby saubrey » Oct 31 03 3:42 pm

I run win2k and have the phantom adaptor problem with 5.0.10. Will 5.0.11 fix Win2k as well?
saubrey
WinGate Master

Workaround?

Postby LightAus » Nov 03 03 4:31 pm

"by allowing certain packets (Name Service) to be broadcast (from the local machine to external) XP wont create this phantom interface"

So are there settings we can change that will band-aid the current version to do this?

When is the new version coming out?

What was the latest 5.0.x version that didn't create these phantom adapters? Can we have a link to it?
LightAus

Postby alejandroc » Nov 05 03 5:09 am

I also look forward to the dreaded phantom adapter problem. It's becoming a real headache having to restart the server so often. If it wasn't for this problem, Wingate woulb be working wonderfully. Any rough estimate of when the new version will be available?
alejandroc

Return to WinGate