Network acting strange.

Use this forum to post questions relating to WinGate, feature requests, technical or configuration problems

Moderator: Qbik Staff

Network acting strange.

Postby Alan » Oct 31 03 4:01 pm

I'm using win2k with SP4 as server (workgroup), together with wingate and Mdaemon. Two NIC's - one for internet connection from ADSL Router and the other to LAN. Running 24/7 with Mcafee Av.

Running ENS with firewall disabled.

The problem is:

1) Every morning I need to start/stop the wingate and guide the wingate to recognise which NIC to bind ( disable the LAN NIC and start the wingate ).
2) Network Neighbourhood on client PC won't show all in workgroup ( some appears all, some doesn't and some mix. )
3) Frequent and intermitten internet connection down. ( Sometimes when i click on WGIC and OK'ed it - it's up again. Sometimes doesn't)

Temporary solution:
Restart the wingate Engine and network is back to normal. (Yes, i do this every morning)

Helppppp!!!
Alan

Postby adrien » Nov 01 03 1:48 pm

Hi

Does this mean that your NIC disappears from the bindings in WinGate?

Are you using a USB or Firewire NIC or something?

Adrien
adrien
Qbik Staff

Postby Alan Tan » Nov 03 03 2:26 pm

Nope. The Bindings shows the 2 NIC's. The NIC from LAN is stopped while the other is from Modem is available.

Non wireless and USB - all PCI components and plain ol' physical wire connection.

The Internet connection just wouldn't come up at all. Even if my clients activate through WGIC.
Alan Tan

Return to WinGate