Wingate Logon don't appear !!

Use this forum to post questions relating to WinGate, feature requests, technical or configuration problems

Moderator: Qbik Staff

Wingate Logon don't appear !!

Postby Guiche » Nov 05 03 2:54 am

Hi,

I got a big problem. On some computer of my compagny the wingate logon pop but on some it's doesn't pop !!

All my PC have MS Java install. I try to reinstall the applet java but it's have change nothing !!

Is there a way to correct this problem ??

Guiche
Guiche

Postby alejandroc » Nov 05 03 5:00 am

Guiche:

Just a thought: Have you checked the security and advanced settings in the brower? It could be that some of your clients don't hava the Java Virtual Machine ENABLED, even though it is installed. Check in IE - Tools - Internet Options - Advanced, look for the Java VM properties in the list and compare the settings with those in the computers where the logon does show up.

Alejandro Calderon
Guatemala
alejandroc

Postby Guiche » Nov 05 03 5:12 am

Hi,

All my Java VM properties are active. I have do some other test and the PC who was working there not working anymore !!! Work, Not Works, Work, Not Work !!!! What's the problem !!

Is my version of Java VM not good ??

I need help !! give me some clue !!

Guiche
Guiche

Postby erwin » Nov 05 03 9:18 am

Hi Guiche

Just to make sure everything is correct on the WinGate end it may pay to check the WinGate settings.

1. Check the tick is enabled in the WWW proxy service>General tab>Java client login tick box.
2 Make sure on the policy tab in WWW proxy service that it is set to :"Users must be authenticated" with appropriate users selected.
Make sure that the default rights (system policies) are set to "are ignored"
3. Make sure that the Remote control service has been bound to the internal adapter of the WinGate server.

On the client make sure that the proxyserver setting has been set in IE to the internal IP of the WinGate server.

All of these things of course Im sure you did on first configuration, however a recheck might help.

Regards
Erwin
erwin
Qbik Staff

Postby Guiche » Nov 06 03 3:14 am

Hi,

All this have been verify. The connection for the Internet work when i change in "WWW proxy service" the group "Everyone" to "Users must be unknow". All my users are in the group "Everyone".

The problem is coming from the Wingate logon. It's not poping !!! When a set "everyone" to "Users must be unknow" the Wingate Logon doen't pop but the connection to the Internet work and i think it's normal !!

It's can help. We have update a old version (4.0.8) to the new version (5.0.10) and after we do that nothing work !! I talk of the Wingate logon.

Guiche
Guiche

Postby Guiche » Nov 06 03 6:10 am

Hi,

I have discover something. The Wingate Logon pop when i click 3 or 4 times and really fast on "refresh" in IE then the Wingate logon pop!!!! Can you explain this to me ??

Guiche
Guiche

Return to WinGate