How to block a proxy server if it does not use wingate

Use this forum to post questions relating to WinGate, feature requests, technical or configuration problems

Moderator: Qbik Staff

How to block a proxy server if it does not use wingate

Postby valjean » Nov 06 03 4:46 pm

My configuration is as follows: Server A (running wingate) is connected to the internet via DSL. Server B (a proxy server with clients not connected to server A) connects to Server A to connect to the internet.

I've configured server B (located in a remote location) with a wingate proxy server but the users at that location prefers to use a different software. How can I configure server A such that it will accept only requests from server B if the request is processed by Wingate.

Thanks.
valjean

Re: How to block a proxy server if it does not use wingate

Postby tim » Nov 07 03 11:35 am

valjean wrote:My configuration is as follows: Server A (running wingate) is connected to the internet via DSL. Server B (a proxy server with clients not connected to server A) connects to Server A to connect to the internet.

I've configured server B (located in a remote location) with a wingate proxy server but the users at that location prefers to use a different software. How can I configure server A such that it will accept only requests from server B if the request is processed by Wingate.
Thanks.

The best way to do this would be to add a WWW proxy on a seperate port in server A. This can only be used by server B, so add a policy to say only server B can use that port (chances are they wont be able find the port any way). An assumption for server b's IP would be a good way to do it, and then set the New proxy to require Auth >= assumption.

Tim
tim

Re: How to block a proxy server if it does not use wingate

Postby valjean » Nov 09 03 11:48 pm

Your solution is based on wingate's ability to change ports. Hopefully Server B's alternative proxy software will not have this feature.

Thanks.
valjean

Return to WinGate