Problem upgrading from 5.07 to 5.1 (867)

Use this forum to post questions relating to WinGate, feature requests, technical or configuration problems

Moderator: Qbik Staff

Problem upgrading from 5.07 to 5.1 (867)

Postby llupin » Nov 07 03 9:31 am

Renewed our license for gatefilter (puresight) and were told that we'd need to upgrade to 5.1 in order to run it.

After upgrading none of the users that authenticate through the java applet can connect. The applet reports "No response on port". Everything looks fine.

I have reinstalled 5.07 and everything works fine.

Does anyone have a suggestion?
llupin

Postby ccsoft » Nov 07 03 11:01 am

Hi Louis,

You will see this when the remote control service is bound only to the 127.0.0.1 address. You need to add the local IP (eg. 192.168.0.1) as well to the top bound box in the bindings for the Remote Control Service.
To do this just double click on the local IP in the bottom "available' window.

Let me know if you need further assistance with this.

Warm Regards,

Joan Chandler
C&C Software
ccsoft

Postby llupin » Nov 07 03 11:08 am

Thanks Joan,

I bind the remote control service to the both the internal IP address and 127.0.0.1. Would one expect that the upgrade to 5.1 would change the configuration? I am sure I checked this but I have since reinstalled 5.07 which is configured properly.
llupin

Postby adrien » Nov 07 03 11:16 am

Hi

Wouldn't normally expect the upgrade to alter that setting... it is fairly easy to see however if it has made that change

Adrien
adrien
Qbik Staff

Postby llupin » Nov 07 03 11:25 am

I just double checked. It does not change the port setting from what they were under 5.07 which are the internal network IP address and 127.0.0.1.
llupin

Postby llupin » Nov 09 03 5:10 am

I think I have found the culprit with this problem. On the wingate server I am using two IP addresses for the internal network (ex. 192.168.0.2 and 192.168.1.2). When I configure the bindings for all services I permit the two internal addresses and the loopback address.

I installed Wingate 5.1 clean and imported just the users from a previously saved registry export. It appeared that I had things working for the most part. I was rebuilding the service configuration when I started getting the "no response on port" again. Then it started giving me http 500 errors. I change the proxy ip address on the client from one of the server's ip addresses to the other and it started working again. I since have removed the extra IP address I was assigning the Wingate server and things seem to be working now.

I can get by with one internal address for the Wingate server but this was working under 5.07.
llupin

Postby adrien » Nov 09 03 5:23 pm

It is likely that there was some setting change made previously that allowed this to work that you didn't get with the clean install... since you would have only put your old user database back in.

As far as I can tell, WinGate 5.1 should behave no differently when it comes to having multiple IP addresses assigned to a single NIC than 5.0..7 did...

Adrien
adrien
Qbik Staff

Return to WinGate