Phanton no more!!

Use this forum to post questions relating to WinGate, feature requests, technical or configuration problems

Moderator: Qbik Staff

Phanton no more!!

Postby dataking » Nov 07 03 8:03 pm

GREAT JOB QBIK PEOPLE!!!.....the phantom threatens the realm of Wingate no more!....yaaahhh!!.....

thanks a lot!....

but gatekeeper still having problems running form a remote machine, gives an error after verifying password syaing osme internal wingate error has occured. i am using the gatekeeper from 5.08 as remote admin...works like a charm....any idea whats goign on?...same thing was happening in 5.0.10 as well.....

best regards,

Shayan
PS - upgraded to 5.1.0 - gatekeeper problem presists....
dataking

Postby Steve.M » Nov 08 03 12:43 am

I have the Gatekeeper problem also with 5.1 when using it remotely. I noticed that if you click Go Offline and then Go Online Gatekeeper will then start to work.
Steve.M

FILE/VIEW/OPTIONS/HELP not accessible...

Postby dataking » Nov 08 03 1:50 am

thanks for the tip!....it did begin to work after GOING OFFLINE AND GOING ONLINE, but unfortunately none of the main menus at the top of the window are acessible, they are greyed out.

any thoughts on this, QBIK?..

regards,

Shayan
dataking

Re: FILE/VIEW/OPTIONS/HELP not accessible...

Postby tim » Nov 08 03 2:13 pm

dataking wrote:thanks for the tip!....it did begin to work after GOING OFFLINE AND GOING ONLINE, but unfortunately none of the main menus at the top of the window are acessible, they are greyed out.
any thoughts on this, QBIK?..
Shayan

Hi, Are you using the very latest GateKeeper? Unfortunatly WinGate and GK don't plat well together between different versions.

Tim
tim

GK

Postby dataking » Nov 09 03 2:00 am

on the contraraty, GK 5.0.8 works like a charm with 5.0.9, 5.0.10 and even the new 5.1.0!!!and yes i am sure i tried the latest GK....from the wingate folder. but no go...anyway....since this is working fine for me, i dont think i have a problem wiht it....just thought id let u people know...

oh and any scheduled release date on the UPNP features in Wingate?...

thanks..

SHayan
dataking

Postby adrien » Nov 09 03 5:26 pm

hmmmmm... normally whenever we change any data that is sent to or from wingate and gatekeeper, we update the protocol version numbers to stop people using different versions of GateKeeper and WinGate.

I would strongly discourage using the 5.0.8 GateKeeper with a later version engine...

There was a problem with serialization of services / plugins that is definitely broken in that 5.0.8 GateKeeper, and will cause problems if you have plugins installed.

This existed as a problem in 5.0.9 and 5.0.10 as well.

Adrien
adrien
Qbik Staff

Return to WinGate