Connection Refused by Server

Use this forum to post questions relating to WinGate, feature requests, technical or configuration problems

Moderator: Qbik Staff

Connection Refused by Server

Postby lku0090 » Jul 08 05 5:52 pm

I am having problems with a new installation of Wingate 6.0.4. I did have Wingate 4 running on my Windows NT 4.0 server and upgraded to Wingate 6.0.4, but have been unable to get Wingate server to run. Wingate engine monitor stays yellow. When I try to access Gatekeeper, I receive the above error message.

I completely removed Wingate 4 and Wingate 6 from my server and tried to reinstall, but I receive the same message. When I check task manager, it says that Wingate.exe is running, but the monitor stays yellow and I cannot get into gatekeeper.

I tried several fixes that I found on previous posts, but none of them seem to help. I changed the Wingate service to manual and rebooted, and the engine monitor shows up red. I then tried to launch wingate.exe from Windows Explorer. With task manager open, Wingate.exe appears briefly but then disappears, and the engine monitor remains red.

I also removed the antivirus plugin from the registry and tried to start the engine, but it didn't work. I then deleted the history files and tried to start the engine with the same result.

I checked the open ports on the server, but nothing is using port 808. As I said before, the server is running Windows NT 4.0 (and it is a BDC), but it is also our e-mail server, running MDaemon v. 7.2.3, and MailScan v. 4 for MDaemon. These programs have always been on there and they did not cause a problem with Wingate 4.

I have reinstalled Wingate five times now and am out of ideas as to how to get it to work. We didn't have any problems with Wingate 4 - other than the fact that we didn't have a client install package to set up some replacement workstations. That precipitated the upgrade, but now none of my users can access the internet via Wingate.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Lana
lku0090

Return to WinGate