Wingate mail configuration

Use this forum to post questions relating to WinGate, feature requests, technical or configuration problems

Moderator: Qbik Staff

Wingate mail configuration

Postby dsantachiara » Jul 26 05 2:02 am

Dear Sirs,

We have been using Wingate for many years mainly as www server. POP3/STMP was always managed through NAT directly with the ISP (in this way we have always benefited from KAV antivirus checking.

Unfortanately now we have more personnel than the number of "mydomain" emails allowed by our ISP. However we have available a high number of alias so I was looking for a new solution profiting from Wingate email capabilities. The idea would be to collect all the personal emails on one email e.g.

david@mydomain.com alias to collect@mydomain.com
robert@mydomain.com alias to collect@mydomain.com
etcetera....

Then Wingate should regularly check collect@mydomain.com from our ISP and then redistribute internally the email so that when

david@mydomain.com will check the email Wingate will forward only the relevant email.

I gave a look at the interesting "mail server scenarios and configuration" document but I am not sure that any of the proposed scenario will fit our need (actually it seems scanario 2 at page 25 seems the closest one).

I would be glad if somebody at QBIK could give us a clue how this can be achieved. I hope I was explain the present situation and goals we would like to achieve.

Thank you

Davide Santachiara
DTM srl
dsantachiara

Return to WinGate