Lost Wingate password

Use this forum to post questions relating to WinGate, feature requests, technical or configuration problems

Moderator: Qbik Staff

Lost Wingate password

Postby Ricardo » Nov 08 03 12:58 pm

My Wingate installation (5.0.7) works fine, but I have one trouble: I have tried to enable Remote Control Service so that I can enable a per user authentication to WWW proxy, using Wingate Java client authentication window.

When I enable RCS, my Wingate Administrator password is not valid anymore, and I cannot access Gatekeeper. Gatekeeper becomes useless. I have to uninstall Wingate completely and then reinstall it all again to have access to Gatekeeper to do mantainance and further config...

Any workaround to this?

Thank you all guys!
Ricardo

Re: Lost Wingate password

Postby tim » Nov 08 03 2:11 pm

Ricardo wrote:My Wingate installation (5.0.7) works fine, but I have one trouble: I have tried to enable Remote Control Service so that I can enable a per user authentication to WWW proxy, using Wingate Java client authentication window.
When I enable RCS, my Wingate Administrator password is not valid anymore, and I cannot access Gatekeeper. Gatekeeper becomes useless. I have to uninstall Wingate completely and then reinstall it all again to have access to Gatekeeper to do mantainance and further config...

Hi, if you loose or forget your password:
Stop the engine
Open WinGates registry key with RegEdit
(Software/Qbik Software/WinGate)
Open the UserDatabase/Administrator Key
Delete the password entry
Restart the engine
Admin password is now blank

Remember, you cant bind RCS to a NIC if you have a blank admin password .

Tim
tim

Postby adrien » Nov 09 03 5:29 pm

also - are you using in WinGate the NT user database, or the WinGate one?

Adrien
adrien
Qbik Staff

Postby Ricardo » Nov 11 03 11:36 pm

I am using the Wingate one.

When I say that Wingate password was lost I mean that my computer lost it or Wingate lost it itself because I know what my password is. What happens is that my password does not work anymore after I bind Remote Control Service to my internal IP (192.168....). I intended to authenticate users using wingate java authentication window, which needs RCS active...

I have tried it several times and it always goes this way.

Thanks for help!

adrien wrote:also - are you using in WinGate the NT user database, or the WinGate one?

Adrien
Ricardo

Return to WinGate