how to use dial up from a remote desktop in the same n/w

Use this forum to post questions relating to WinGate, feature requests, technical or configuration problems

Moderator: Qbik Staff

how to use dial up from a remote desktop in the same n/w

Postby fahad » Nov 10 03 8:50 am

Hi

Just wanted to know if I can use remote dial up or share the internet connection from a remote desktop in the same network. We using windows 2000 server and running wingate on the same system with ISDN line. I want to enable the dial up connection to a different system too, but cannot enable the internet sharing connection due to the limitations of wingate. Is there any other alternative?

Rgds
fahad

Re: how to use dial up from a remote desktop in the same n/w

Postby najeeb » Nov 11 03 8:42 am

hi
This is simple first you creating dail up connection then go to properties there is one option advance then check share this dial up to all users
that it

fahad wrote:Hi

Just wanted to know if I can use remote dial up or share the internet connection from a remote desktop in the same network. We using windows 2000 server and running wingate on the same system with ISDN line. I want to enable the dial up connection to a different system too, but cannot enable the internet sharing connection due to the limitations of wingate. Is there any other alternative?

Rgds
najeeb

Return to WinGate