Proxy Server and DMZ

Use this forum to post questions relating to WinGate, feature requests, technical or configuration problems

Moderator: Qbik Staff

Proxy Server and DMZ

Postby mkumar » May 29 08 10:38 pm

Hi,

Please have a look on this setup. This is my current setup.
http://asia.geocities.com/responsible845/Current_Connectivity.JPG
Now I want to do some changes in current network setup. want to do something like this...
http://asia.geocities.com/responsible845/NEWDESIGN.JPG

1. will be using same CISCO DSL Router for connecting to Outside World.
2. Put two firewalls
3. First Firewall will be Netgear Firewall
4. Second Firewall will be CISCO ASA 5505.
5. Create DMZ Network

Planning to Put following Server in DMZ Network
1. Wingate Proxy Server
2. Web Service Server

Do I have to take out DMZ servers from my domain ?

1. Web Service Server
This Server talks with web site which is hosted with an ISP and This server needs to talk with Database Server in my internal network.

2. Mail Server
Currently E Mail Server is receiving and sending mails through wingate proxy server and None of the users access their emails from outside world so I think there is no need to put this server in DMZ.

3. DNS Server

Requirement : Wingate Proxy Server can also act like as External DNS Server. AD Server will be internal DNS Server.

Currently I have Active Directory configured in my internal network . On client side I want to configure Active directory server as DNS Server and Internal Active Directory can serve all request but for all other queries it can forward to Wingate Proxy server which can handle all DNS Queries. Active Directory server should not contact outside DNS Server directly. How Can I do that???

Please suggest me where can I put my proxy server? Should it be the part of DMZ network or my internal network.

Thanks
Manoj Kumar
mkumar

Return to WinGate