FTP wrong transfer

Use this forum to post questions relating to WinGate, feature requests, technical or configuration problems

Moderator: Qbik Staff

FTP wrong transfer

Postby Ricardo » Nov 11 03 11:52 pm

Many files are not transfered correctly when I do it through a workstation connected to a wingate server. The most common error is when a file is about 5 to 6 kb, then only 4096 bytes (exactly and always!) is transfered. If the file is bigger then one can never tell what the result will be, it might transfer all bytes or just part of them.

Wingate 5.0.7 is running under Win2000 Pro
Ricardo

Postby ngrayson » Nov 12 03 2:44 am

Although its probably of no use to you, I have been suspicious of this for some months now.

I have downloaded several products upgrades for different applications (pinnacle studio etc). The upgrades have built in checksums and they fail to unpack because the file is the wrong length. The same file downloaded at work, is correct so I know the prime web site is OK.

My server is dual boot and I evaluated winroute and those files downloaded through winroute were OK.

I now run wingate 5.1 and this now seems OK (so far).
ngrayson

Postby requena » Nov 12 03 3:28 am

I put here the problem some time ago, some times when the download is ftp (with the http server) the wingate engine put some text at the begining of the file like this:

Ï‹x€A ¡=A èÏ, ¡L A HTTP/1.0 200 Document Follows
Date: Wed, 08 Oct 2003 14:15:19 GMT
Server: WinGate Engine
Content-Type: application/octet-stream
Content-Length: 22059726

Now i format the computer with windows2000 and install again the 5.1 version (I pass the trial period, and i ned to format to test again in the test machine) and the problem is the same, no solution is done.

sorry for my english.
bye
requena

Postby requena » Nov 12 03 3:35 am

Other problem that i find is that if you have the cache activate, the automatic update of some pages don´t work the engine continue to put in the browser the old page until you press the refresh button (1 week after the page is updated, the engine present the old page)

bye
requena

Postby Ricardo » Nov 12 03 6:06 am

This problem happen on FTP transfers using port 21. When I updload files through HTTP using some kind of file manager within the browser, the transfered file is just OK.

ngrayson wrote:Although its probably of no use to you, I have been suspicious of this for some months now.

I have downloaded several products upgrades for different applications (pinnacle studio etc). The upgrades have built in checksums and they fail to unpack because the file is the wrong length. The same file downloaded at work, is correct so I know the prime web site is OK.

My server is dual boot and I evaluated winroute and those files downloaded through winroute were OK.

I now run wingate 5.1 and this now seems OK (so far).
Ricardo

Return to WinGate