SMTP Server Port 587

Use this forum to post questions relating to WinGate, feature requests, technical or configuration problems

Moderator: Qbik Staff

SMTP Server Port 587

Postby israelvalenciac » Mar 16 10 7:53 am

I'm new to this Wingate server. I was connecting to the internet using the NAT Server on the Windows Server 2003 machine. I installed the WIngate Proxy Server with the ENS and NAT, i stopped the NAT so the users had to configure their browser with the proxy settings and ports.

My mail servers are directly to my ISP (mail.amtinge.com.mx) it is the same server for POP and SMTP... however the SMTP has to be configured with the port 587 on Outlook.... I can't seem to make it work through Wingate. POP works fine, i didn't have to move a thing, it just works, but i can't send anything.

Any help here?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT: I finally made it work. On System tab -> Extended Networking -> General -> General Purpose Internet Sharing NAT (Activated)

I was wondering whether the policies i had made for blocking websites would be ignored, and they were, so i did the next:

On Services tab -> WWW Proxy Server -> Sessions -> Transparent Proxy // Intercept connections made via ENS (I checked this and added the ports 80, 1080 and 1863, this last one to block MSN Messenger)

and now outlook connects directly to the internet and i can receive and send emails with no problem, also this way i don't have to configure every single client that connects to the network as Wingate's NAT allows them to surf on the net without configure a proxy server on the advanced tab of the browser.
israelvalenciac

Return to WinGate