Problem connecting to Wingate through wireless LAN

Use this forum to post questions relating to WinGate, feature requests, technical or configuration problems

Moderator: Qbik Staff

Problem connecting to Wingate through wireless LAN

Postby benjammin365 » Nov 12 03 11:33 am

I have wingate installed on my desktop PC with an ADSL modem and wireless LAN adapter.

I also have a laptop with a wireless LAN adapter.

When I first set the machines up, I was able to connect to the internet from the laptop (worked for about 10 mins).

Now, the wireless LAN connects as normal and receives an IP address from Wingate. When I open IE, however it sits there and is unable to resolve the web addresses. Same for ping.

Also, when using Wingate for a while it appears to "Run out of Buffers" and bring the whole machine down - I've been told at one point that I had insufficient priviledges to shut the machine down!

Can anyone help?
benjammin365

Re: Problem connecting to Wingate through wireless LAN

Postby Nev » Nov 12 03 11:30 pm

benjammin365 wrote:I have wingate installed on my desktop PC with an ADSL modem and wireless LAN adapter.

I also have a laptop with a wireless LAN adapter.

When I first set the machines up, I was able to connect to the internet from the laptop (worked for about 10 mins).

Now, the wireless LAN connects as normal and receives an IP address from Wingate. When I open IE, however it sits there and is unable to resolve the web addresses. Same for ping.

Also, when using Wingate for a while it appears to "Run out of Buffers" and bring the whole machine down - I've been told at one point that I had insufficient priviledges to shut the machine down!

Can anyone help?

Just out of interest which version of Wingate are you using?

Nev.
Nev
WinGate Guru

Postby benjammin365 » Nov 13 03 4:14 am

_
Last edited by benjammin365 on Nov 13 03 4:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
benjammin365

Re: Problem connecting to Wingate through wireless LAN

Postby benjammin365 » Nov 13 03 4:15 am

Just out of interest which version of Wingate are you using?

Nev.

Am using v 5.0.10
benjammin365

Return to WinGate