Connection with wingate server terminated!!!

Use this forum to post questions relating to WinGate, feature requests, technical or configuration problems

Moderator: Qbik Staff

Connection with wingate server terminated!!!

Postby NeoZ » Nov 12 03 8:28 pm

Hello.

I am proving this software (version 5.1), but I am with a problem. I work with a windows 2000 server. When I modify some policys of security or I create new users I close gatekeeper and soon no longer I can return to enter.

The message, "Connection with wingate server terminated".

I have proven to reinstall, to install again, etc... but the problem follows once modifies something and closes gatekeeper.

I have watched after all the forum and have seen that aparecia the problem, but did not aim at any solution. Also I have watched in known problems, support section, but I have not located anything.

Please, can you help me?
Thanks for all.

P.D. Excuse my english.
Last edited by NeoZ on Nov 12 03 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NeoZ

Postby NeoZ » Nov 12 03 9:26 pm

Hello again.

I have observed that single happens when I modify or I create some System policies. When I delete de key in the registry:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Qbik Software\Wingate\DefaultRights\Access

Then I can return to enter without problem, but erase all the system policies.

Please, can you help my.
Thanks!
NeoZ

Postby NeoZ » Nov 13 03 10:54 am

Up!!!

Help, please!
Thanks!
NeoZ

Postby max3do » Nov 13 03 9:45 pm

NeoZ wrote:Up!!!

Help, please!
Thanks!

HI
Never heard of this issue before... maybe it's not a issue..maybe u r doing something wrong... bad Installition someting.....

------------------------------------
when u do changes... do u save the changes by pressing the save button....
if yes -->saves sucessful ? or not...
-------------------------
u said u r using win 2000.... try installing the wingate by NT users management......
------------------------------
or need some more help... do u use MSN...?
addme to ur buddies list max3do@hotmail.com
we will discuess it from there.....
BYe for now...
i will add this later
max3do

Postby NeoZ » Nov 14 03 5:38 am

when u do changes... do u save the changes by pressing the save button....
if yes -->saves sucessful ? or not...

Yes, no problem. The problem appears when I close the Gatakeeper and try to connect. (After modify the policies)

u said u r using win 2000.... try installing the wingate by NT users management......

I have already proven it, but with himself not to make work it. It does not recognize the users to me of the domain. It recognizes them like GUEST. (Already I have modified the DomainName in the registry with "\\DOMAINNAME" "\DOMAINNAME" and "DOMAINNAME", but it does not work)

Of all ways, without working with the DB of NT users, it would have to be able to publish the policies and not to have no problem, no?

Some idea?
Thanks!
NeoZ

Postby NeoZ » Nov 14 03 8:19 pm

I have solved the problem!

I have watched in the section of System remote control and have seen that in the policies there was no permission. I have added to the administrators. This is normal? or single it happens when you install under NT? (I have not been able to prove it with Windows 9x)

Incredibly every time I install the program leaves east equal service to me. Without enclosing to the administrators in the policies.

Once made the change it lets to me enter when I modify the policies. He was peculiar, since, by defect and without modifying it could connect without problem.

I hope that to somebody it serves to him like datum point.

Greetings and thanks.

P.D. Now it begins the battle to form it with the NT users and active directory... but that will be another history...; -)
NeoZ

Return to WinGate