Downloading question

Use this forum to post questions relating to WinGate, feature requests, technical or configuration problems

Moderator: Qbik Staff

Downloading question

Postby bztips » Nov 19 03 7:15 am

Many users in our office try to download large files via their browsers (some use IE, some use Mozilla). More often than not, the download will hang in midstream. Only solution we have found is to physically go to our server machine and download directly (ie., bypass Wingate entirely since server has a direct connection) -- this almost always works, which leads me to conclude that there's some setting in Wingate that is causing the hang.

Any ideas on things I should check? Thx.

/Bill
bztips

Postby labull » Nov 19 03 8:11 am

Bill,

Are you using Transparent Redirection or KAV for WinGate?

Larry
labull
WinGate Guru

Postby bztips » Nov 19 03 8:22 am

Hi Larry.

We're using the AV plugin and transparent redirection on the WWW proxy server. We are NOT using WGIC, however (each user has proxy settings in their browser setup.)

/Bill
bztips

Postby labull » Nov 19 03 8:25 am

Bill,

You could check to see if either of these is the problem by turning them off and seeing if the problem persists.

BTW - what version of WinGate are you using. I seem to remember a problem in one of the versions.

Larry
labull
WinGate Guru

Postby bztips » Nov 19 03 8:36 am

Thanks for the tips, Larry.

I will turn off AV and redirection, and see what happens. By the way, we are using Visnetic AV, not Kaspersky.

Wingate is latest build. 5.10

/Bill
bztips

Return to WinGate