VMware: Strange BSOD behavior related to the ENS-Driver

Use this forum to post questions relating to WinGate, feature requests, technical or configuration problems

Moderator: Qbik Staff

VMware: Strange BSOD behavior related to the ENS-Driver

Postby LA_FORGE » Jan 28 14 11:03 am

Hi,

i did some months of research because I love WinGate and I always want to use it with enabled ENS driver. In virtualized environments like VMware and Parallels with ACPI-enabled (All Post-XP Windows) it's impossible to run WinGate with enabled ENS driver without getting a BSOD after a few minutes or hours. I've also tested WinGate 7 and 8.

In ACPI-disabled environments (adding the parameter monitor_control.disable_apic = "TRUE" in the configuration file for the Virtual Machine and choosing the Non-ACPI-HAL at the initial stage of the XP Setup) this BSOD won't happen. On Vista and Win7 (On these versions of windows it's impossible to disable ACPI) it doesn't happen too, when you disable the ENS driver.

Greetings from germany

Steve
LA_FORGE

Re: VMware: Strange BSOD behavior related to the ENS-Driver

Postby LA_FORGE » Jan 30 14 5:31 am

@developers is there a way to fix this or to implement a special "feature" for virtual machines that the BSOD isn't happening?
LA_FORGE

Postby Aaron Koolen-Bourke » Jan 30 14 9:05 am

Hi there. Can you send a ticket to support@wingate.com and someone will be able to look into this issue for you.

Thanks
Aaron Koolen-Bourke
Qbik Staff

Postby LA_FORGE » Sep 07 16 11:27 pm

Hi,

I just wanted to explain the BSOD problem is gone when a Windows Server OS is used. In an virtualized (eg. vmware) environment don't use a desktop os for WinGate.

Greetings from germany

Stefan
LA_FORGE

Postby adrien » Sep 09 16 6:38 pm

Hi

vielen dank!

Adrien
adrien
Qbik Staff

Return to WinGate