Wingate reporting

Use this forum to post questions relating to WinGate, feature requests, technical or configuration problems

Moderator: Qbik Staff

Wingate reporting

Postby shellymathew » May 28 14 8:26 pm

Hi,
I have installed Wingate and Proxy Inspector to read the reports. I am having trouble with emailing the reports using proxy inspector though. could some one tell me of any software that would be a better alternative, or an email solution that would help me send daily reports of the logs?

thanks.
shellymathew

Re: Wingate reporting

Postby MattP » May 29 14 12:23 pm

Hi,

I'm not sure whether Sawmill Log Analyser will do what you need, but that is the other log analyser that we often recommend:
https://www.sawmill.net/

Matt
MattP
Qbik Staff

Postby royjm22 » Apr 05 16 1:31 am

My request to Qbik team is to add some basic reports that we can generate from the the wingate proxy server , using third party software for reporting is not good and it will not worth also , if possible please try to add some reporting tool will help the customer and we can avoid using third party software's.i am facing so hectic to get a proper reports
royjm22

Postby adrien » Apr 07 16 12:13 pm

Hi Roy

if you have an idea about the reports you'd like, please let us know. It's always hard to know exactly what sort of information to put in.

Regards

Adrien
adrien
Qbik Staff

Postby royjm22 » Apr 07 16 7:38 pm

Adrien GFI webmonitor having lot of bulk reporting but it is unnecessary ,my request is some basic reports like , high bandwidth user, user activities last one day one week one month activity report, site frequently visited by users , blocked sites but having users hit frequently , users downloading files frequently and the sites they are downloading ,last one day one week one moth data usage by users and the entire network,websites bypassing the proxy server such kind of basic reports is enough , i like this software and i recommended to my friends and they notice me this so that why i though that if some reporting is also include the system will be much better that any other proxy server software, because i tried GFI webmonitor licensed version ccproxy licensed verion ,but one think i can tell performance wise wingate is much far better than GFI webmonitor and ccporxy and wingate support also very good because last week i open a ticket and i got support and solution very fast.
royjm22

Postby royjm22 » Apr 27 16 10:34 pm

anyone can tell me how to user sawmill analayser for wingate proxy to take reports i am not able to create profile for wingate in sawmill properly
royjm22

Postby royjm22 » Apr 30 16 10:27 pm

these day i am not getting response in forum why
royjm22

Postby adrien » May 01 16 9:54 am

Hi

sorry, we can't really tell you how to use Sawmill, you'd need to ask Sawmill about their product (we're just not familiar enough with their product)

Regards

Adrien
adrien
Qbik Staff

Return to WinGate