Wingate Proxy ByPass List / Policy

Use this forum to post questions relating to WinGate, feature requests, technical or configuration problems

Moderator: Qbik Staff

Wingate Proxy ByPass List / Policy

Postby mx348 » Aug 14 14 11:51 pm

Hello All,

I am a new user to Wingate.
We have deployed a wingate proxy server on our internal network to cache web traffic.

My question is how do I create a Proxy HTTP Cache policy to ByPass Caching for specific servers / sites / urls ?

For example, can I create a bypass list / policy to bypass any servers on my internal network.
Either by internal domain name / ip subnet / etc..
Or how can i manually add server to bypass to a bypass proxy list ?

We are experiencing an issue where the cache server is causing issues to our internal oracle server. idealy I would be able to add this server to a bypass proxy server list so as to not use any proxy chacing when accessing this server. its fine if the connection is proxied, just that i need to bypass any caching for this server.

Thank you,
Steve
mx348

Re: Wingate Proxy ByPass List / Policy

Postby adrien » Feb 03 16 2:47 pm

Hi

sorry for delay in response.

It's not clear whether you want to get the client to not use the proxy at all for certain sites, or whether you just want to stop WinGate from using its caching for these sites.

for the former, since it's the client that decides whether to connect to a proxy for a site or not, you'd need to use a PAC file, you can find out more at http://www.findproxyforurl.com.

For the latter, you'd need an enterprise license to make an advanced cache rule, or use the cache-control item in the flow-chart policy for a web request (you can disable cache lookups and/or additions to cache on a per-request basis here).

Regards

Adrien de Croy
adrien
Qbik Staff

Postby royjm22 » Feb 08 16 1:14 am

I would like to know the wingate server license need yearly renewal or it a one time license purchase , because our company is using GFI wbmonitor and we do not want yearly antivirus renewal because we are already having company volume license , if it is one time license purchase then i would like to go for 100 users professional , please let me know the pricing also.
royjm22

Postby MattP » Feb 10 16 9:01 am

Hi,

The WinGate license is a one-time purchase. When you purchase your license it will come with one year of version protection included. Version protection allows you to update your installation when we release a major new version, e.g. WinGate 9. It is optional whether you keep your version protection current or let it expire, expired version protection will not affect the operation of the software.

Version protection can be renewed for 25% of the list price of the license if you renew before expiry, or 40% if you renew after expiry.

A WinGate Professional 100 user license will cost $999.95

Matt
MattP
Qbik Staff

Postby royjm22 » Mar 30 16 12:38 am

Hi can anyone please help me to solve my issue , the issue is client are getting error host no found if we refresh two , three time then it will go to the website ,at first instance if we try to open a website error is host not found if we try two three time then it will open the site my network scenario is like this , main DNS server , proxyserver(wingate) and VPN server all the traffic route thru proxy server and the proxy server having two network card one is connected to internal network and other connect to layer 3 router because we have fiber connect and it requires dial up PPPoE connection , layer 3 router is always connected to the internet and there is no drop please help me to sort out this issue.
royjm22

Return to WinGate