Wingate 6.6.4 on Windows 10

Use this forum to post questions relating to WinGate, feature requests, technical or configuration problems

Moderator: Qbik Staff

Wingate 6.6.4 on Windows 10

Postby Skippy » Aug 01 15 6:37 pm

I'm currently running Wingate 6.6.4 on a Windows 7 machine. I'm considering updating the OS to Windows 10, but as Win 10 is so new I wanted to check to see if anyone else can confirm that Wingate 6.6.4 will run on the new OS?

Thanks in advance,
Skippy
Skippy

Re: Wingate 6.6.4 on Windows 10

Postby adrien » Aug 04 15 2:13 pm

Hi

WinGate 8.x works on Windows 10 if that's of any help. The network driver is basically the same, so the 6.6.4 driver should work ok, and the engine should also.

We haven't explicitly tested 6.6.4 on Windows 10 though so there could be some unknown issue.

Regards

Adrien
adrien
Qbik Staff

Postby Skippy » Aug 07 15 5:32 am

Thanks Adrien.

If anyone has tried Wingate 6.6.4 on Win 10, please let me know your experience. If I proceed with the upgrade, then I'll come back and update the thread with what I find.

Thanks,
Skippy
Skippy

Postby Skippy » Aug 10 16 9:32 am

Ok, I did upgrade to Windows 10 and here's what I found.

Initially, neither of my two Network interfaces would work (no connections). Neither showed any issue with the network card drivers.

Eventually, I found that when I unchecked the QBIK NDIS driver under the Ethernet properties, the network interfaces instantly began to work.

I was able to start the Wingate engine and was able to set my browser on the Wingate machine to go through the proxy server.

However, when I setup a non-Wingate machine, it would not connect though the proxy server.

I'm guessing the QBIK NDIS driver is required to allow other machines on the network to utilize Wingate on the Wingate machine? It appears this is not possible since every time I re-check the QBIK NDIS driver, I immediately loose my Network interfaces.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.
Skippy

Postby Skippy » Aug 13 16 9:10 pm

Well, there was nothing I could figure out to get Wingate 6.6.4 to work on Windows 10. It just seemed to not like the QBIK NDIS driver.

So, I finally decided to go through the effort of upgrading to Wingate 8.5.9. It takes a bit of work to set things up when going from 6.x to 7.x or above, but it seems to all be working well now.

Thanks,
Skippy
Skippy

Postby adrien » Aug 16 16 4:36 pm

Hi

thanks for the update, we hope you like WinGate 8!
adrien
Qbik Staff

Return to WinGate