Wingate affecting traffic on the external network

Use this forum to post questions relating to WinGate, feature requests, technical or configuration problems

Moderator: Qbik Staff

Wingate affecting traffic on the external network

Postby donovanpl123 » Mar 03 16 12:29 am

Hi,

I seem to have intermittent traffic issues on both the internal and external network when Wingate is on. It even occurs in the early morning when only a database server and a printer are on. The problem is more pronounced when I have other users on. To troubleshoot, I placed a laptop on the external network, and brought up YouTube on the laptop and the Wingate server. When the problem occurs it occurs on both machines I disconnect the Wingate internal network cable from the LAN and everything speeds up. It will also clear up when Wingate is disconnected (in the software).

Is this a Wingate problem or Wingate server problem, or what?
donovanpl123

Re: Wingate affecting traffic on the external network

Postby MattP » Mar 03 16 8:05 pm

Hi,

What exactly is the problem? Is it slow network speeds?

When you say it's intermittent, how long does the problem last for and how often does it occur?

How is your network configured? Are you using private IP addresses on your LAN? Do the LAN clients have their default gateways pointing at the WinGate server? Does the WinGate server have one or two NICs? If two, is the usage set correctly for the LAN (internal) and internet (external) adapters?

Thanks,

Matt
MattP
Qbik Staff

Postby donovanpl123 » Mar 11 16 2:46 am

Hi Matt,

The proxy server consists of 2 network cards, one for the internal lan and one for the Internet. I checked and both internal and external network traffic are affected. Also, when NAT is turned off, the problem clears up. However, we are unable to use MS Outlook at that point.

Any suggestions?
donovanpl123

Postby adrien » Mar 17 16 5:01 pm

Hi

sorry for the delay in responding.

Can you please submit a support ticket for this please? Just email support@wingate.com

Regards

Adrien
adrien
Qbik Staff

Return to WinGate