PROXY works with localhost, no response with static IP

Use this forum to post questions relating to WinGate, feature requests, technical or configuration problems

Moderator: Qbik Staff

PROXY works with localhost, no response with static IP

Postby jmanton » Mar 10 16 11:34 am

I've been testing a new install of WINGATE-7, imported allow list, etc. Testing was fine on the host using 127.0.0.1 as the proxy address. began testing clients using the host machine IP and got the error "The PROXY server isn't responding".
Went back to test on the host server and proxy showed to be working. Changed the proxy setting on the host machine to use it's static IP and it also fails with the same message. Change it back to a proxy of 127.0.0.1 and it works fine.
Tried turning off the firewall on both the host machine and the client and had no effect, still reports the error "The proxy server isn't responding".
I've checked bindings, adapters and haven't had anything correct the behavior. I'm at a loss what else to check. Ideas??
jmanton

Re: PROXY works with localhost, no response with static IP

Postby adrien » Mar 15 16 4:13 pm

Just for the benefit of others, this was resolved by removing Routing and Remote Access configuration from the server, which was blocking access to the proxy.
adrien
Qbik Staff

Return to WinGate