PROXY only works when using localhost address

Use this forum to post questions relating to WinGate, feature requests, technical or configuration problems

Moderator: Qbik Staff

PROXY only works when using localhost address

Postby jmanton » Mar 11 16 5:24 am

This problem existed when using Wingate-7.3.1.3535 and still exists after upgrading to Wingate-8.5.5.4858
During testing with the browser proxy set to use 127.0.0.1 everything works great. Allows the correct sites, blocks the rest. Perfect.

As soon as I change the Proxy server IP address of 192.168.0.10 I get the error message in the browser "The proxy server isn't responding" and it shows the correct proxy used 192.168.0.10:8090
Trying to connect with a client gives the same results "The proxy server isn't responding".

Turning off the firewall makes no difference.
I'm currently trying to complete the configuration on a temporary license and am about to run out of time and the system is due to go live in a week or two.
NETSTAT shows the server to be listening on the 127.0.0.1 and 192.168.0.10 IP's, I've run out of ideas.
Help! ;-)
jmanton

Re: PROXY only works when using localhost address

Postby adrien » Mar 15 16 4:14 pm

Just for the benefit of others, this was resolved by removing Routing and Remote Access configuration from the server, which was blocking access to the proxy.
adrien
Qbik Staff

Return to WinGate